TMJ Appliances / Orthotics
If you suffer more than an occasional pain in the facial, jaw or neck area, it is well worth it to talk to a neuromuscular dentist about it.
To find out if you’re suffering from TMJ/TMD, please take our TMD/TMJ Symptoms Self Questionnaire:
• Do you have pain in the muscles that control jaw function?
• Do you have jaw pain or tenderness in the jaw?
• Do you have pain in the face, neck or shoulder?
• Do you have difficulty chewing or swallowing or saying certain words?
• Do you have difficulty opening or closing your jaw?
• Do you have changes in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together?
• Do you have pain or ringing in or around the ears?
• Do you have sensitive teeth when no other dental problems can be found?
• Do you have facial swelling?
• Do you have muscle spasms in your neck or jaw?
• Do have insomnia, snoring or sleep apnea?
• Do you clench or grind your teeth?
• Do you have tingling in the hands or fingers?
• Do you have crowded teeth?
• Do you have worn or chipped teeth?
• Do have damage to the roots of the teeth?
• Did you lose any molar teeth?
• Do you have loose teeth?
If you answered YES to any of the above, there's a good chance that your problem is related to your bite and that a muscle, joint or occlusal instability exists. If you would like, we can try to help via orthotic therapy.
For more information click on the links below.
Contact us at Rochford Family Dental to schedule an appointment.